No it isn't thanksgiving. I was reading some stuff online the other day about writing prompts and I stumbled acros an activity. The brief was to take 10 things you hate and turn them into positives. This is what I came up with:
1. I'm grateful for early mornings because it's the beginning of a fresh day.
2. I'm grateful for people who complain all the time because they give me a fresh perspective on things.
3. I'm grateful for negativity because it gives me an opportunity to counteract it.
4. I'm grateful for complex problems because they motivate me.
5. I'm grateful for people who walk slow, especially in supermarkets, because they provide me with time to slow down and reflect.
6. In grateful for difficult work because it motivates me to keep going.
7. I'm grateful for corporations because they remind me of the little guy on the opposite end of the scale.
8. I'm grateful for noisy environments because they make me appreciate peace and quiet even more.
9. I'm grateful for liars because they make me value honesty.
10. I'm grateful for people who take credit for my hard work as it reminds me of the need for humility.
That's what I came up with anyway. Give it a go.
M. W. Rowe